LANTRA MEWP Training Course
Our Mobile Elevated Work Platform course is an Integrated Training and Assessment courses (ITA) leading to a Lantra Award Certificate in Basic Training.
What is a MEWP?
MEWP stands for Mobile Elevated Work Platform and is a generic term given to any powered access platform such as a MEWP or Cherry Picker. In our course we cover the safe use of these machines in order for you to put into practice proper driving procedures in the workplace. The course can offer a range of certificate options depending on your requirements including:
- Manual vertical lift.
- Mobile hydraulic/telescopic boom
- Mobile scissor lift
- Static scissor lift
- Static hydraulic/telescopic boom
The overall course content will vary depending on your previous experience with MEWPs and sessions are customised to your needs.
The course will likely cover much of the following:
- Health, Safety and Environmental Legislation
- Interpreting and Complying with specifications, drawings risk assessments, schedules and MOM (Manufacturers Operating Manual).
- Implementing control measures by identifying hazards with plant or machinery operation.
- Identification of different types of MEWPs and their uses
- How to conduct Pre Start checks
- Preparation of MEWP for travel on site or via road
- Driving, towing or pushing the MEWP over various types of terrain
- Operation in restricted spaces
- Preparing the MEWP for lifting procedures
And much more
If you are interested in taking a MEWP training course then get in touch with us today. You can view our courses on the online calendar or, if you don’t see the course you would like on there, give us a call or drop us an email and we’d be happy to help.