The candidate will be able to:
1) Identify those key aspects of legislation which apply to the use of pesticides.
2) Identify the precautions necessary to use a product safely, using product label information.
3) Identify, select and understand the maintenance and storage of the correct personal protective equipment for use with a
particular product as determined by a label and/or COSHH risk assessment. Follow appropriate personal hygiene procedures
to prevent personal contamination. Follow the appropriate procedures for dealing with accidental personal contamination.
4) Understand the correct procedures for the storage of pesticides.
5) Understand the correct procedures for the disposal of empty pesticide containers, surplus pesticide and washings.
6) Understand the records that must be kept.
7) Understand the situations where pesticide application may pose a risk to people or the environment.