Learning Outcomes – The candidate will be able to:
• Use a Sheep Dip Manufacturers Product Label/Data Sheet for essential reference.
• Undertake an assessment of available sheep dip facilities and their operation to the agreed standards.
• Operate within and comply with the relevant Legislative, Welfare, and Environmental requirements.
• Select and wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for the tasks required.
• Complete essential records accurately.
• State the identified knowledge that underpins understanding of the control of common external parasites.
• State the identified knowledge that underpins understanding and responsibilities of sheep diseases, use and disposal of sheep dip,
handling chemicals/COSHH, Health and Safety, environmental protection, and personal precautions
• Store sheep dip chemicals safely.
• Prepare equipment and dip area following an acceptable procedure, add sheep dip chemicals, and work safely without risk to
themselves, other personnel, sheep and other livestock and the environment.
• Carry out regular checks of equipment and quantity of diluted sheep dip chemicals.
• Maintain dip in good condition, identify sheep to be dipped and dip sheep effectively, safely and humanely
• Follow a safe disposal procedure for surplus concentrate and diluted sheep dip chemicals.
• Carry out correct procedure for cleaning PPE and any used equipment which may have been contaminated with sheep dip